berry basket

Last night, just before it was time to get everyone ready for bed, I had to sew. It didn't need to be big or complicated, but I simply needed to touch, press, cut, and sew with some pretties before the day was over. So, I decided to make Anna's berry basket.


This was such a fun and quick project. And, once again, Anna's instructions were clear and easy to follow with lots of helpful pictures along the way.


The only tricky part??? That binding. I suspected it was going to be quite finicky, but at the end it worked out pretty well.
I attached the binding on differently than what the instructions called for, though. I did a double fold binding just like I would do for a quilt, cutting it at 2 1/4 ", attaching it to the exterior part first. I then used tons of clips to hold it in place and stitched over both the exterior and lining sides of the binding at once. Worked like magic :)


Now I'm just trying to decide what to keep inside. Maybe some thread? or a small wip project? or some special fabric? I'll see.


Speaking of fabric, I treated myself to a new Sugar Flower 2013 FQ bundle. I have never ever bought the whole collection of one fabric before so I'm quite excited to have all these pretties in my stash.

No plans for what to make with them, though. I think some fabric petting is absolutely required before I can cut into any of these :)

Talk to you soon. Svetlana