patchwork tote

Yay! I managed to finish my new patchwork tote over the weekend.


I started off by making patchwork rectangles, sort of following Chase's tutorial. I'm saying sort of following because I did not quilt as I went.


I decided to make the whole patchwork rectangle made up of smaller blocks and then I just quilted the whole piece at once -  so much faster.


Here's the other side of my tote. I have to admit, I was very, very tempted to have the front of the bag all patchworky and to use regular fabric for the back. I am so glad, however, that I persevered and made the whole bag out of patchwork.


I used home dec weight fabric to line the bag. I installed a zipper pocket, it's always a must with my bags, and this time I even remembered to add a loop of ribbon for my sunglasses as well as a latch for my keys. Phew, I always forget to add these.


I had so much fun with this tote, I even added this totally adorable birdie ribbon to the outside of the bag. It adds such a wonderful touch of whimsy and playfulness.

The tote finished at 16" x 12" x 3", perfect size to carry around some of my WIPs and a quilty book or two. Oh, I know, my interests are so limited. My children always tease me about that.

Have a wonderful day. Svetlana