cupcake table runner

A while ago my bloggy friend Jamie asked me to try out her new PDF pattern for an adorable cupcake table runner. Normally, when one of my kids has a birthday party, I frantically search for some plastic table cloth in whatever theme they want at the time and that's it. So, having a pretty table runner ready and waiting for when the party time rolls around really appealed to me.

I went ahead and used some of my very favorite fabrics for the cupcakes (I don't think I will ever get tired of these fantastic elephants). I used Lite 'n Steam to keep my appliques in place and then I sewed around their edges with contrasting black thread.This cupcake is my favorite.


I did some simple straight line quilting around the borders, 


attached black binding the same  way I would have with a regular quilt and ta - da!!!! my party table runner was finished.


It was quite an easy project. And, yay!!! No more plastic table cloths for me!

You can buy this PDF pattern at Jamie's Etsy store, if you are interested.

Svetlana