HST quilt top finished, what a relief!!!

This was just one of those weeks. I felt like I wasn't accomplishing anything, as far as sewing was concerned.  I decided to really work on my HST quilt top (there was a danger that if I didn't finish it soon, it would have become a UFO in my closet) so all the smaller projects were put aside, thus no Farmer's Wife blocks, pouches, or bags were finished this week.

And it paid off . I have a finished HST quilt top. Hurray!!!!! I can't even believe it, somebody pinch me, I thought I would never get here. What a relief.


At first I thought I would go ahead and finish this quilt the way Kati did, no border, just binding. I really liked the simplicity and how nicely it framed all those HSTs, but this way I was going to  end up with a quilt that was not as large as I had wanted. And, I had no more HSTs in me. To make more blocks just was not an option. So I decided to go with a nice thick border which brings the whole quilt top to correct size.


Now I just need to decide on the backing, AND quilting, AND binding. Oh my, I will probably cry with relief by the time this quilt is finished.

I am not a patient person and I like when things are done rather quickly (just ask my husband), so what I tend to do after my quilt top is done is choose just one fabric, many times a flat sheet, and use that as a backing. But not this time. I have worked on this guy too hard to finish it off so plainly.  I'm open to any suggestions you might have for the backing. And quilting, of course.

Keep making beautiful things, Svetlana.